Apple Bluetooth keyboard pairs with Q1-U

Written by admin on March 31, 2008 – 8:24 pm -

I finally got my Apple bluetooth keyboard to work with my Samsung Q1-U! I had already given up, after reading so many threads on numerous UMPC forums that the Apple’s bluetooth keyboard won’t pair up with Widcomm’s BT stack. Not having work today I decided to give it another shot and googled ‘apple bluetooth keyboard widcomm’ and found a blog with instructions on how to pair the keyboard with the Q1. I was a skeptical and a had my reservations of having to tinker with the registry especially since I had just finished sorting out some issues with my bluetooth headset which had been giving me grief all morning. I still went ahead and followed the clearly written instructions, restarted my Q1 and it worked! I’m glad I didn’t purchase Logitech’s fugly bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Tags: , , , ,
Posted in Tech | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Apple Bluetooth keyboard pairs with Q1-U”

1. By backbaychef on Apr 16, 2008 | Reply

what was that blogs url? im having the same problem.

2. By admin on Apr 16, 2008 | Reply

I’ve updated the post to reflect the blog url. Alternatively here’s the link :

kevintm.com/Domains/blog.kevintm.com/?p=344

Good luck! Also it might be worth mentioning that you can return the registry values to its original state after pairing the keyboard or future devices you might want to pair will have a difficulty doing so.

3. By betchay on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

i’m looking to buy a UMPC too… but i’d decide in August which one to get… there are more choices now in the market…

4. By admin on Jun 25, 2008 | Reply

@Betchay, there are tons of UMPC’s out in the market right now, the sexiest for me would have to be the HP 2133 Mini-note and is considered to be the ‘rich man’s’ Eee PC for simple stuff like surfing, emailing, blogging on the go I would opt for the Asus Eee PC which is about W500,000 as of this writing.

5. By GodoMymnmomo on Apr 4, 2009 | Reply

Очень интересно. Но чего-то не хватает. Может быть, стоит добавить каких-нибудь картинок или фото?

6. By admin on Apr 6, 2009 | Reply

@GodoMymnmomo,

Не мое разрешение, посещает этот вебсайт для информации.